Teacher Lesson Plans – FREE

Hello fellow teachers.  Are you ready for another school year?  At ASLdeafined, we are ready to help you make it a WONDERFUL school year.  We just added teacher plans to all of our 200+ lessons online. Everyone that has a teacher account will be able to view the lesson plans, which are directly above the […]

Readmore

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Our Dictionary

Our dictionary, consisting of THOUSANDS of videos, holds a few hidden secrets:   1. Sign variations and synonyms are shown at the bottom of each video. We have links to sign variations right at the bottom of the video! You can also find synonyms here.   2. You can add words to a list for review […]

Readmore

Vlog – LGBT Signs

Jenna took some time to show you guys some LGBT-friendly signs! Take a Look!

Readmore

Gilbert Baker & The Flag – LGBT Pride Month

A Quick History of the LGBT Flag Gilbert Baker was recently portrayed in Dustin Lance Black’s When We Rise and is the creator of the iconic LGBT flag and it’s proud rainbow. The original flag had eight colors, and is shown in the photo to the left: This particular flag stretched over two kilometers of Key […]

Readmore

Questions Often Asked to a Sign Language Interpreter

As an interpreter, many questions are asked by the general public.  Which some are shocking to me.  And, looking back, it shouldn’t be so surprising that people who are not familiar with Deaf culture I wanted to share some of these questions with you… Are you Deaf? This question gets asked a lot.  It is […]

Readmore

Deaf Culture #11

Most deaf children have deaf parents? False.  Only 10% of deaf children have deaf parents.  The remaining 90% have hearing parents.  These children are more likely to attend a public school with a mainstream program, have an amplification device, and rely on oral skills, or Signed Exact English, as opposed to ASL. Working with a […]

Readmore

LOL

As you work through American Sign Language lessons and read up on Deaf Culture, it is important to remember that deaf people have a sense of humor, too! Whatever aspect of deaf life you may be exploring, you should never forget to treat deaf individuals the same way you would your own friends and family. […]

Readmore

Question From a Subscriber: Why Doesn’t ASLdeafined Work on the I-Pad?

Recently, we received an email from a subscriber asking why ASLdeafined doesn’t work with the I-pad.  With that concern, I immediately contacted Apple to find out why Adobe Flash wasn’t installed on the I-pad.  I also inquired about the possibilities of Adobe Flash being installed on future models of their Tablet.  The gentlemen informed me […]

Readmore

Socializing With the Deaf Community

ASLdeafined offers the tools for you to learn vocabulary, sentence structure, fingerspelling, numbers, multiple meaning words, ASL grammar, etc.  While learning all of this information, it is also imperative that learners interact with the Deaf community. There should be a number of deaf events in your area for you to attend year-round.  Look online to […]

Readmore

How Many Lessons on ASLdeafined?

Question: Some People have inquired about the number of lessons already on ASLdeafined, and how long it would take to complete all of them. Answer:  Right now, we have about 315 lessons on ASLdeafined.com. This includes retention exercises, reviews, quizzes, fingerspelling practice, and story time. The entire website is self-paced. Some people may complete all of […]

Readmore