Jonelle is one of our teachers at ASLdeafined. She is the 5th generation of deaf in her family. She is a very talented young lady.
Now, can you figure out what Jonelle is saying? Some of you may have a difficult time because of the fingerspelling. However, the more you practice, the more you will improve over time. If you need more practice, we provide a huge amount of activities and practice opportunities on our website. Each lesson consists of 15 themed vocabulary words, along with four activities for retention. Additionally, we offer practice activities for fingerspelling, ASL grammar, ASL dictionary with over 9,000 + videos, ASL culture, non-manual markers, facial expressions, classifiers, and much more.
ASLdeafined was established to eliminate the deficiency in English skills among deaf students. It also serves as another avenue for parents of deaf children to enhance their knowledge and skills in regards to American Sign Language (ASL). Additionally, ASLdeafined was created to allow those wishing to learn sign language, to learn it online, with 24/7 access.
ASLdeafined has benefited a countless number of individuals in their quest to learn American Sign Language. Listed below is a partial list of some of the features of this ever-expanding resource, and a partial list of those who use our website:
Features of ASLdeafined:
- Themed lessons (ASL video technology)
- Retention exercises
- Individualized progress chart
- ASL story time lessons with comprehension questions
- Fingerspelling practice and lessons
- Multiple meaning word lessons
- American Sign Language (ASL) grammar
- English to ASL lessons
- ASL quiz lessons
- ASL vocabulary review lessons
- 9,000 + video dictionary with synonyms
- Much more
Who Uses ASLdeafined.com?
- Public and private schools
- American Sign Language clubs
- Church organizations
- Government agencies
- Home schools
- Girl and Boy scouts
- Future interpreters for the deaf
- Parents with deaf children
- Deaf students
- Teachers for the deaf
- College classes of American Sign Language (ASL)
- Community members
- Deaf schools
- Interpreting agencies
- Current interpreters
Can you Guess the Fingerspelled Word?
The Word of the Day – “Clean”
Can You Guess the Fingerspelled Word?
Word of the Day – “Allergies”